Staying safe and well during the holiday season is easier than you think. For me the three major safety issues are children, fire hazards, and food. Keeping children safe requires a constant watch. Below you will find some safety tips for the Holidays and throughout the year.
7 Tips for Keeping Children Safe
Potential risk hazards for kids during the Holidays:
- Toys and items that have small parts and small batteries, even the greeting cards that are battery-operated can pose a danger to children since children can swallow.
- Never leave children eating alone.
- Plastic bags, closets, chest, and trunks with self-locking mechanism.
- When visiting relatives and friends beware of the danger of children searching through guest’s bags or grandma’s purse—in either case it can be a Pandora box. Worse they are like a medicine cabinet! (See second movie)
- Remember recreational drugs such as marijuana are legal in some places, and they pose a threat to kids. So keep those spikes brownies and other edible marijuana treats away from children.
- Also keep an eye on the risk of kids getting their hands-on small nuts such as peanuts; there is a risk of choking.
- Keep poisonous plants out of the home. Also, some berries on evergreens and home plant leaves are toxic. (See second movie)