By Margarita Persico
Life is too short. Have dessert first!
Seriously, no meal is complete without dessert. And this one is perfect because it is cholesterol free, dairy free, gluten free and “sugar free.” The only sweeteners you will need come from the bananas and blueberries. You do need a special juicer or blender for this recipe. I use a heavy-duty vegetable juicer that can make “ice cream” from frozen fruits. I own a Norwalk juicer and before the Norwalk I owned a Champion juicer for over a decade. With both juicers I made the “ice cream” from frozen fruits. I’ve seen for sale other equipment to make frozen treats, I write about those machines in another post.
Vegan Banana-Blueberry Ice Cream
- 1 – 2 Banana, frozen
- ½ cup blueberry, frozen (or fruit of choice)
- Walnuts (optional)
- Freeze peeled bananas and raspberries over night
- Take out frozen fruits and let sit on counter for 10 minutes (20 if using Yonanastm Frozen Fruit Treat Maker. I don’t know how it works, haven’t used it. At $50 it might be cost effective if you only plan to make frozen treats and not use for juicing.)
- In a juicer such as the Norwalk, Champion, Green Star, or Yonanastm, process the fruits. (If you don’t have one of those types of juicer, you might be able to use a food processor.)
- Top ice cream with candied walnuts (optional)
Looking for a juicer? Check out this link: The Best Juicers Available — a Review.