Delicata squash chips are one of my favorite squash recipes. Delicata means delicate. This squash is delicate in taste though it has a hard skin. One must be careful when cutting since its skin is as tough as a pumpkin. However, I find it easy to cut since they are small and weight under a pound. This yellow and green strip oblong shape squash is a treat.
Like with all recipes here, they are gluten-free, healthy and delicious!
One squash will easily serve two people.
Delicata Squash Chips
by Margarita Persico
- 1 Delicata squash (wash and slice in half circles)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (for brushing squash)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Sharpe Knife
- Cutting board
- Food brush
- Baking tray
- Carefully wash and cut Delicata Squash in half, and then in half again to cut into half-moons (see photo).
- Spoon out all the seeds (might want to reserve and make your pumpkin seed treats). Cut into half moons.
- On a clean oven tray with a food brush, brush each slice with olive oil and place on pan. Broil for around 8 minutes on each side.
Note: The time may vary depending on the oven. Keep an eye on the Delicate Squash while broiling in the oven–you don’t want them to burn. Approximately 10-16 minutes later they are ready to eat.
- Turn off oven and take out of the oven.
- Before serving sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Please share with us your experience preparing this recipe or any other you like to share.
Photo: Brookford Farm