I’m really lazy about preparing food and whatever gives me the most bang for my time, nutrition and money, I’ll go for it. This one is a winner, though I must advice it is green in every sense of the word. This smoothie is also a nutritious arsenal in a glass.
By Margarita Persico
Categories: beverage, vegetables, vegetarian, and gluten free
Serves: 2 – 3
Ingredients for green smoothie
- 8 carrots, wash well, cut ends
- 1 red beet, wash well, cut end
- 1 celery stick, wash well, cut ends
- 1 garlic clove,
- 1 piece of ginger, wash well, cut ends and peel skin
- 1 slice of lime
- 1 avocado
- baby greens, wash well
- Crushed nuts and seeds such as flax, pumpkin and almonds
- dulse seaweed
- almond milk (optional)
- Wash well all ingredients.
- Juice: 8 carrots, 1 red beet, 2 celery sticks, 1 garlic clove, 1 piece of ginger, 1 slice of lime
- Blend: the above juice with an avocado, mix baby greens, crushed nuts and seeds (flax, pumpkin and almonds), dulse seaweed
- Adjust ingredients to taste.
- This is a very filling and nourishing breakfast.
- Sometimes I add almond milk and other greens such as left over collard greens and kale from the previous night’s meal
- More recipes: 93 DRINKS, JUICES & SMOOTHIES