This is a quick and healthy dish, which I always enjoy. It takes me about 30 minutes to prepare.
Pesto Pasta with Broccoli
By Margarita Persico and Chris Persico
Categories: Italian, can make it Gluten Free
- 8-ounces pasta of your choice or rice
- 1 cup of the reserved pasta water or vegetable stock
- 4-6 cups broccoli flowerets
- 3 garlic cloves – sliced (or more to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves – minced (reserved for the end)
- 2-teaspoon olive oil — sauté
- 1/4 small jalapeno pepper – minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil — pour at end (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt-free or low sodium seasoning such as Herbamare
- 1/4-teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- pesto to taste
- Sauté garlic in olive oil, add a tiny piece of minced jalapeno pepper. Set aside. Sauté or steam broccoli flowerets.
- Set aside your cook rice or pasta
- Add rice or pasta and sea salt, or low sodium or salt free seasoning.
- Add pesto to taste