Potato and Spanish Olive Omelet
Recipe by Margarita Persico
- 1 red potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, diced
- 3 large Spanish olives stuffed with red peppers, sliced
- 1-tablespoon sofrito or basil pesto or fresh herbs of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Tamari (gluten free)
- Wash, peel and dice potatoes
- Peel and mince the onions to yield 1/4 cup
- In a skillet of choice, add—with care not to get burn—the olive oil and sauté the potatoes until cooked. A few minutes before it is totally cooked add the 1/4-cup of onions.
- Wash the eggs
- In a bowl, add the 2 eggs. If cooking for more than 2 people, add one egg per person and adjust the recipe ingredients above.
- In the bowl, add 1 teaspoon of tamari and the herbs (or sofrito or basil). You may also add the olives at this stage.
- Mix well the eggs with the ingredients
- In another oiled skillet or the same you made the potatoes, pour the omelet mixture. Add on top the potatoes and the Spanish olives.
- Cook omelet for a few minutes. Flip over or if you have an oven with a broiler, place in the oven and broil for 2 or 3 minutes or until done.
Some music I enjoy listening to while I cook: